Looking for all the tastes of summer in one bowl? This Berry Delicious Avocado Chicken Salad is it! Healthy, yummy and easy to make! Grab this fresh salad recipe and enjoy! While this post is sponsored by Produce For Kids, all opinions and the recipe are my own.
Berry Delicious Avocado Chicken Salad
What is the first thing that pops into your head when I say SALAD? Boring? Lots of greens? No flavor? Too healthy? NO! A salad is a blank canvas for you to add fun flavors and deliciousness into a rewarding and satisfying meal. I absolutely love a “fun salad” and with all the beautiful produce available right now, it’s really easy to create one.
I went to Publix this week and filled my cart with fresh ingredients and made an incredible salad. And do you want to know the best part about this salad? Just by purchasing the ingredients we gave back to our local food banks. Eat Good. Do Good.
How did we help our local food banks just by shopping at Publix? Produce For Kids has teamed up with Publix again to support local Feeding America® food banks. All you have to do is look for Produce for Kids signage in the produce department now through June 27 to support the participating brands giving back to your local food banks.
Now, let’s create that Berry Delicious Avocado Chicken Salad, these are the ingredients that you will need:
Long Hothouse Cucumber
Chicken – I used rotisserie chicken
Bed of greens
For the homemade Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette Dressing you will need:
Fresh lime juice, so a few limes 😉
Extra virgin olive oil
Red wine vinegar
See why I choose to call my salad Berry Delicious? All the fresh berries, avocado, cucumber, almonds and chicken work so well together to give you fresh flavor explosion with lots of texture…resulting in a scrumptious salad that you will want to create again and again. Not to mention, this salad is loaded with protein and fresh produce…it’s everything you could possibly want in a salad.
Now, here is my Berry Delicious Avocado Chicken Salad with homemade Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette Dressing recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Berry Delicious Avocado Chicken Salad
- 1 6 oz. package Raspberries - I used Driscoll's
- 3 oz Blackberries half package - I used Driscoll's
- 1/2 Long Hothouse Cucumber - sliced
- 1/2 Avocado - sliced
- 10 - 12 Almonds - I used the Roasted and Salted variety by Wonderful®
- 4 oz shredded Chicken - I used rotisserie chicken
- Bed of greens - I used Fresh Express Spring Mix
Ingredients for Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette
- Juice from one lime
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Instructions for Salad
- Layer all ingredients as desired
- Drizzle homemade Vinaigrette over salad
Instructions for Vinaigrette Dressing
- Place all ingredients into food processor or blend, blend until smooth
I hope you enjoy this Berry Delicious Avocado Chicken Salad with Raspberry Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette as much as we do! This fresh salad is an explosion of summer flavors in a bowl…or plate…how ever you want to serve it up!
I know I mentioned that by heading to Publix and getting the ingredients for this Berry Delicious Avocado Chicken Salad you will also help your local food bank, so I wanted to share all the participating brands to keep a look out for.
Here are the participating brands to look out for at Publix:
- CMI Orchards Hero Snack Size Gala Apples
- Coast Tropical Mangos
- Del Monte® Fruit Naturals® Cups
- Driscoll’s® Raspberries & Blackberries
- Fresh Express® Packaged Salads
- Lakeside Produce Colored Bell Peppers & Long Hothouse Cucumbers
- Marie’s® Dressings
- SUNSET® Tomatoes on the Vine, Beefsteak and Campari® Tomatoes
- Mission Avocados
- RealSweet® Vidalia® Onions
- Wonderful® Pistachios & Almonds
What is one of your favorite salad recipes?
Be sure to check out ProduceForKids.com for more than 250 registered dietitian-approved and family-tested recipes, meal planning tools, grocery store specific campaign details, and healthy tips from real parents and on Facebook and Pinterest for even more!
Looking for another colorfully healthy salad recipe?