This Margarita Cocktail is a delicious twist on the traditional margarita. Less calories, all the flavors you love, with a fun twist of wine. Make yourself a Wine-A-Rita today…it’s 5 o’clock somewhere!
Best Wine-A-Rita Recipe
Delicious Margarita Cocktail With A Twist
Is there ever a bad time for a margarita? Not that I can think of 🙂 But, your traditional margaritas are loaded with calories, so I will admit that I typically avoid them. So, with Cinco de Mayo right around the corner and with my love for making wine cocktails, I decided to make my very own Winearita. This Margarita Cocktail has lots of flavor, a tad less tequila (so you can have more than one without…well, you know the song..1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila…floor), and less calories than your traditional margarita mix.
As you can tell by the name, I added wine to my margarita cocktail, I used CK Mondavi and Family Sauvignon Blanc because it’s refreshing citrus notes would pair perfectly with the orange and lime juices and… I had a bottle open after making my white wine vinaigrette 😉
Okay, let’s get this drink made…here is my WineARita Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Wine A Rita Cocktail
- 1 oz. silver tequila
- 1 oz. Sauvignon Blanc - I used CK Mondavi and Family
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. orange juice
- 2 - 3 oz. ginger beer cold
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Salt for rim if desired
- Combine the tequila, wine, lime juice, orange juice and a few ice cubes in a cocktail shaker and shake for 10 seconds. *If you don't have a cocktail shaker, pour the mixture from one glass to another.
- Pour into glass over ice. *Salt rim first if desired
- Top off with the ginger beer.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
I hope you enjoy this Wine A Rita Cocktail as much as I do!
Do you like margaritas? What is one of your favorite wine cocktail recipes?
Looking for more amazing wine cocktails?