This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Turkey Chili
I love Chili and we actually had a day or two here in sunny Florida where the temperature was below 90 degrees so I thought Chili was the perfect dinner option 🙂 I wanted to make something that would be a healthier version, so I decided on Turkey Chili. I also wanted it to be full of delicious vegetables that I knew my kids would actually eat and I wanted it to be easy to throw together! That being said, I ran into Target and checked out the canned foods. Using canned foods is one of the best ways to get food from the farm to your family — sealing in freshness, flavor and nutrition for less! I knew that using Ground Turkey instead of beef I would need an extra boost of flavor, and I love that I was easily able to do that with my canned foods. I had dinner started in under 5 minutes!
We all loved this meal…kids included! Both of my kids said “Wow, this is the best chili EVER!” And that’s quite a compliment coming from my kids 😉 The Ro-Tel did add a bit of a kick to it, so if you don’t like a bit of heat, I recommend grabbing the “Mild” version.
Now, here is my easy turkey chili recipe, be sure to print it and pin it so that you can make it again and again.
- 29 oz Tomato sauce
- 16 oz Bush's Chili beans in Chili Sauce one can
- 15 oz Del Monte Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic, and Oregano one can
- 10 oz Ro-Tel Original with Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies one can
- 15 oz Del Monte Fiesta Corn with Red and Green Peppers one can
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey - I used Lean
- Brown the ground turkey in a large pot on the stove
- Add in canned ingredients
- Stir, cover and cook on low for an hour - you can leave it on longer - just turn your temperature down to a simmer
- Serve with bread if desired
Make sure to let me know if you try this Turkey Chili Recipe!