This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Pulled Pork Barbacoa Recipe #datz4foodies
I told you guys a few weeks that I had the amazing opportunity to to Datz in Tampa to learn more about the Ben’s Beginners Contest that is going on right now and I thought you guys would like the recipe we made that day! We made a Pulled Pork Barbacoa and you could serve it with fried eggs, I will admit that most the kids skipped the egg part 😉
This is a pretty easy dish to assemble and it makes a ton, so it’s great for gatherings or to freeze left overs for dinner another night.
- 2 lbs of pulled pork
- Seasoned Black Beans Ingredients
- 2 16oz cans of black beans
- 1tbs granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tbs salt
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- Other Ingredients
- 4 cups prepared Uncle Ben’s Instant Brown Rice seasoned with southwest seasonings
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- pico de gallo Ingredients
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro diced
- 2 fresh jalapenos seeded and diced
- 10 fresh roma tomatoes diced
- juice of 1 lime
- Combine Seasoned Black Bean ingredients and set aside
- Combine pico de gallo ingredients and set aside
- Line the bottom of a casserole dish with tortillas
- Add a layer of black beans
- Add a layer of Uncle Ben’s Instant Brown Rice mixture
- Add a layer of pulled pork
- Add a layer of pico de gallo
- Top with shredded cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes until cheese is blistered
Check out Datz on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with everything delicious, a huge thanks to Chef Andy for making this with us!
Stay up to date with me too 🙂 Find Food Wine Sunshine on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google +.
2 thoughts on “Pulled Pork Barbacoa Recipe”
This looks wonderfully delicious!
It DEFINITELY is 🙂 Make sure to let me know if you try it!!