This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
This Chicken Taco Bake recipe is a healthy spin on the recipe that you will normally see with ground beef. This recipe is easy to make and is a family fave
Chicken Taco Bake Recipe
I have been playing in the kitchen with some favorite family recipes and switching them up some, my mom has made a Mexican Taco Bake for as long as I can remember with Lean Ground Beef…I decided to try it with shredded chicken and it turned out great! Plus, chicken is better for us 🙂
This one is soooo easy to make to – you will love it!
- 1 can of low-fat crescent rolls
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 jar of your favorite salsa (approx 8 oz)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- optional – sour cream
- Cook the chicken breasts in the crock pot 4-6 hours (or boil)
- Mold the crescent rolls to cover the bottom and sides of a 8×8 baking dish
- Shred chicken when fully cooked
- Mix salsa and chicken in a large bowl
- Pour chicken/salsa mixture on top of the crescent rolls in the baking dish
- Top with cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 30 minutes – until crescent rolls are cooked throughout
- Optional – top with sour cream
This Chicken Taco Bake recipe is low-fat and full of flavor! Make sure to let me know if you try it 🙂
And be sure to follow Food Wine Sunshine and Cooking on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and Instagram for more helpful tips and delicious recipes!
6 thoughts on “Chicken Taco Bake Recipe”
we do ours with ground turkey!
I have done ground turkey too, you have to try the chicken 🙂 it was really good!
Has anyone ever tried it with the shredded can chicken? I used the cans for my buffalo dip and wanted to see if it will also taste good with this.
I haven’t used canned, but if you like it in your dip – I am thinking it would also be good in this one! Let me know if you try it!
Do you freeze this before cooking?
Hi Jillian! No, I haven’t made this one a freezer meal. I do prep the chicken ahead of time for easy assembly 🙂