This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Instead of buying fruit roll ups at the store, make your own at home! Enjoy this Apple Strawberry Fruit Leather with Hidden Vegetables.
Apple Strawberry Fruit Leather
With Hidden Vegetables
I recently made my own Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups and they were a huge hit with the kids and us adults. Since fruit leather is so easy to make, I decided I was going to experiment with adding in some carrots and greens. I mean, we do add in honey, and honey makes everything taste sweet and delicious, so why not add in a few extra nutrients? So I do. And I was pleasantly surprised! You can’t taste the greens or carrots at all, and it was still enjoyed by kids and adults. No one knew I added in greens unless I told them, but it did alter the pretty reddish color some.
You will also notice that I sprinkled in some turmeric, cinnamon, and chia seeds into this Homemade Apple & Strawberry Fruit Leather Recipe. I add those three ingredients into just about every smoothie I make because they don’t alter the flavor profile and they are so good for you. Cinnamon increases our metabolism, turmeric is good for inflammation, and chia seeds are tiny little nutritional powerhouses.
Don’t get scared away due to the extra nutrients in this fruit leather recipe, I promise you that it is delicious and definitely worth making. I already made a 2nd batch 🙂
Now, here is my Homemade Apple Strawberry Fruit Leather Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Apple & Strawberry Fruit Leather - With Hidden Vegetables
- 2 cups strawberries
- 8-10 green apple slices - I used Crunch Pak apples
- ½ cup baby carrots
- handful greens
- 1/4 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Place all ingredients into your food processor
- You should be able to pour the mixture, but it shouldn't be so watery that it will run off the baking sheet
- Line rimmed baking/cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mats
- Pour/spread the mixture evenly onto baking/cookie sheet
- Place in oven and cook until firm - approx. 3-5 hours
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Cut into desired width and length strips
- Roll up with parchment paper if desired, or keep separated with wax paper in an air-tight container
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or two months in freezer
I hope you enjoy this Apple Strawberry Fruit Leather Recipe, with hidden veggies as much as we do!
If you have produce in your refrigerator that you can’t possibly eat it all before it starts to turn bad, making fruit leather is an excellent alternative to the garbage disposal! By blending them and dehydrating them, you create something new and delicious and extend the life of that produce. You can also make DIY Smoothie Freezer Packs or make your own No Churn Ice Cream.
Have you made your own Fruit Roll Ups before?
Looking for another healthy snack recipe?
Be sure to follow Food Wine Sunshine on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.