This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Chef Curtis Stone’s Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe
The weather is warming out and that means more and more of us are outside. One of my families favorite things to do on a nice sunny day is to go exploring and pack a picnic. And if you are planning some fun in the sun, I have the perfect sandwich for you to make ahead of time and enjoy. This Tuna Salad Picnic Sandwich Recipe is by Award-winning Chef Curtis Stone, so you know it has to be good 🙂
Even if you aren’t headed out onto a picnic, this is definitely a sandwich recipe to enjoy at any time.
Now, here is Chef Curtis Stone’s Tuna Salad Picnic Sandwich Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives drained
- 1 lemon zest finely grated, juiced
- 1 baguette split open
- One 5-oz. can Fisherman’s Wharf water-packed tuna drained
- 1 tbs. drained capers coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs. chopped shallot
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves torn
- 2 hard-boiled eggs sliced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 English hothouse cucumber, thinly sliced
- In small food processor, blend mayonnaise, sour cream, olives, lemon zest, and 2 tbs. lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay open baguette on cutting board and tear out most of soft interior of bread (reserve bread interior for another use like bread crumbs). Spread mayonnaise mixture over both halves of baguette. Flake tuna over baguette bottom. Sprinkle capers and shallots over tuna. Top with basil and egg slices, then tomatoes and cucumbers. Cover with top half of baguette.
- Cut into 4 sandwiches and serve.
I hope you enjoy Chef Curtis Stone’s Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe!
As you all know, Chef Curtis Stone creates amazing recipes for Southeastern Grocers LLC, parent company of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, and this is just one of the many you can find on Winn-Dixie’s website.
I also wanted to let you all know that Southeastern Grocers LLC, has become the first North American retail member of the International Pole & Line Foundation (IPNLF), the non-profit association that is committed to supporting small-scale fisheries that pursue high quality, responsible and ethical tuna caught using one-by-one methods.
To coincide with this announcement, Southeastern Grocers has launched an exclusive private label-Fisherman’s Wharf, pole-and-line, canned albacore tuna product displaying the IPNLF ‘Supporting Member’ logo to demonstrate its commitment to the most environmentally and socially desirable methods. The Fisherman’s Wharf Albacore Tuna is on the shelves of select BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie stores for $2.49 a can.
Southeastern Grocers has become the 42nd Member of IPNLF. The company’s membership is a further step in its on-going support for environmentally and socially responsible tuna fisheries and for improved tuna management worldwide.
In partnership with members, IPNLF provides much-needed support for fishing communities who are heavily reliant upon those fisheries, and works on practical fisheries improvements and stronger management to meet the growing global demand.