Peppermint Chocolate Ganache Cookies
Bring on the holiday baking! The holidays are filled with lots of sweet treats and desserts. Many host cookie swaps or cookie exchange parties over the holidays, this is a great way get a variety of holiday cookies without having to bake a bunch on your own. For your next holiday cookie swap, I recommend making my Peppermint Chocolate Ganache Thumbprint Cookies. This holiday cookie recipe makes about 36 cookies, so it’s perfect for sharing.
Made from scratch dough, decadent chocolate ganache, and peppermint. Oh I just love the combination of chocolate and peppermint over the holidays, like in my White Chocolate Peppermint Blondies, White Chocolate Peppermint Pie and my easy Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies.
To make the dough for the cookies you will need basic pantry ingredients such as; flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla extract. From the refrigerator grab some butter and two eggs.
Making homemade chocolate ganache is actually really easy, you only need chocolate chips and heavy cream. It sounds fancier than it is 😉
The icing on the cake…well in this case the candy on the cookies, the peppermint is simply crushed peppermint candies. You can use candy canes if that’s what you have on hand.
My Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprints only require 10 minutes of prep time and about 12 minutes in the oven.
In fact, these Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprints are so easy to make, the kids could help.
Now, let’s get baking! Here is my Peppermint Chocolate Ganache Thumbprint Cookies recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Peppermint Chocolate Ganache Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips semisweet
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup peppermint candies crushed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Using a mixer, mix the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and salt
- Stir in the flour and baking powder gradually until a dough forms
- Grab 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball then flatten
- Using your thumb, make a large indent in the cookies
- Bake for about 12 minutes then let sit on the pan for another 5
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack until completely cool
- Combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl and melt, 30 seconds at a time, until they are fully melted
- Let the ganache rest for about 5 minutes, then drop a spoonful on each cookie
- Top with crushed peppermint candies
I hope you enjoy these Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprints as much as we do!
These Peppermint Chocolate Ganache Cookies are best served with a tall glass of really cold milk. However, if you are like me and enjoy a nice glass of wine while baking or when eating dessert, I recommend pairing my Peppermint Chocolate Ganache Thumbprint Cookies with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. This dry red wine always pairs well with chocolate.
What is one of your favorite holiday cookies to bake? Do you love all things chocolate and peppermint too during the holiday season?