This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
It’s time for holiday baking. My favorite holiday desserts have chocolate and peppermint, like these White Chocolate Peppermint Blondies. This dessert recipe makes 24 servings so it’s perfect for entertaining.
Peppermint White Chocolate Blondies
Christmas is coming, Christmas is coming! That means it’s time for baking delicious treats to share with family and friends. One of my favorite things about the holidays is al things peppermint. Peppermint Mocha at Starbucks. Peppermint pie. Peppermint cake. Peppermint cookies. Really, is there a better holiday dessert combination than chocolate and peppermint? Not in my book! We make a White Chocolate Peppermint Pie every Christmas and this year I decided I should add another white chocolate and peppermint dessert to our holiday menu. Hello White Chocolate Peppermint Blondies.
I made everything from scratch, the blondies and the frosting. It’s easy! To make the Blondies you only need 8 simple ingredients, and you probably have all of them in your pantry and refrigerator right now. Well, maybe not the peppermint candies, but you may have some candy canes that you can use.
The frosting is also made with simple ingredients that you probably have on hand too.
It only takes about 20 minutes to prep these delicious Peppermint White Chocolate Blondies, and you can have them ready to serve to guests in under an hour.
Bake time for my Peppermint White Chocolate Blondies is 20 minutes, then you just have to layer on that delicious frosting and sprinkle on some additional crushed peppermint candies. YUM.
This White Chocolate Peppermint Blondies recipe makes 24 servings, each serving is about a 2-3 inch square. I will openly admit that I can easily eat 2 😉
Ready to get baking? Here is my White Chocolate Peppermint Blondies recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so you can make them several times this holiday season…and beyond.
White Chocolate Peppermint Blondies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peppermint candies crushed
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp peppermint extract or 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2-3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup peppermint candies crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Grease 9×13 baking dish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar, stirring on medium for about 3 minutes or until creamy
- Add eggs, vanilla, and salt and mix until combined
- Stir in flour, a little at a time, and mix on low until just combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and crushed peppermint
- Spread the batter in pan and use a spatula to smooth it out
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let blondies cool completely before removing from the pan
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and peppermint to make the frosting, beating on medium speed
- Add in 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and check consistency
- If frosting is not spreadable, add one more tablespoon of cream
- Pull blondies out of the pan and spread the frosting on top
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint on top
- Cut into squares about 2-3 inches
I hope you enjoy these White Chocolate Peppermint Blondies as much as we do!
They are best with a tall glass of really cold milk, but if you are like me and enjoy a nice glass of wine with dessert, I recommend pairing my Peppermint White Chocolate Blondies with a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.