One Pot Chicken and Lemon Rice
I have a delicious recipe for you guys today! If you love Lemon, this is for you! I love recipes that are full of flavor and easy for us to make. This recipe is actually a One Pot meal, and I will admit, it is the first time I have ever put one of my beloved Faberware pots with Teflon Brand coating into the oven! It is made to do so, I just never have, so I spent the 1st 15 minutes of checking it out to make sure nothing weird happened 😉 And to my delight, the pot didn’t melt and dinner was delicious.
I did receive the rice from Uncle Ben’s for review, but all opinions about it and this recipe are 100% my own!
The fact that I used Uncle Ben’s Flavored Grains Basmati Medley Savory Herb Rice made seasoning the rice easy! In fact, between the savory herb mix and the lemon, this dish is AMAZING.
As you can see, I used chicken tenders in this recipe, you don’t have to, it was just what I had available in my refrigerator at the time, regular chicken breasts would work fabulous as well. My kids ate this one too, so I would definitely say it’s a great family meal 🙂
Now, here is my One Pot Chicken and Lemon Rice Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
One Pot Chicken and Lemon Rice Recipe
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Zest of one Lemon
- Juice of one Lemon use the same lemon
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 box of Uncle Ben's Flavored Grains Basmati Medley Savory Herb Rice
- 1½ cups chicken broth / stock
- ¾ cup water
- Combine the Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a ziploc bag and place in refrigerator for at least 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove chicken from marinade, but keep the Marinade
- Heat ½ tbsp olive oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat
- Place the chicken in the skillet, and cook on both sides for 1-2 mins. You are just sauteing the chicken briefly
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the rice, included seasonings, the remaining Rice ingredients and reserved Marinade into the same pot
- Let the mixture come to a boil and let it boil for approx 1 min
- Place lid on the pot and bake for bake in the oven for 15 mins
- Remove from oven after 15 mins and then place the chicken on top of the rice mixture then place a lid on the skillet and bake for an additional 20 mins **Use caution - pot handle and lid will be HOT**
- Remove the lid and bake for an additional 10 mins, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender
- Garnish with lemon slices if desired
I hope you enjoy this One Pot Chicken and Lemon Rice Recipe as much as we do!
Looking for more amazing Chicken Recipes? Check out my popular Garlic and Honey Crockpot Chicken Recipe.