When it’s craft time, skip the store bought finger paints and make your own! It’s safe for little ones, it’s even edible! And it’s more cost effective. Get creative and have some fun when you make your own finger paints.
Make Your Own Finger Paints – It’s Even Edible!
If you are looking for some fun crafts to do while the weather is chilly outside, Finger painting is a good one! Did you know it was easy to make your own Finger paints? In fact, it’s even edible 🙂 Make your paints, grab some paper and let the kiddos HAVE fun! I know my kiddos love to paint and create.
If you think this one may be a bit messy – check out the deals on Amazon for a Kid’s Apron
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups warm/hot water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Food Coloring
- Paper – maybe newspaper to cover the table too 😉
- Mix flour, sugar, salt with cold water
- Once mixed well, add warm water
- Divide mixture into small bowls (or use an empty egg carton or plastic cups!)
- Add food coloring (just a drop or two will do!)
- Have fun!
Have fun making your own Finger Paints!
Looking for more fun crafts to do with the kids? Check out these adorable Milk Jug Snowmen.