This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Grab some leftover Halloween Candy and let’s add some apples to it to make a delicious Candy Bar Apple Salad. This easy dessert is ready in under 10 minutes. While this post is sponsored by Florida Dairy Farmers, all opinions and the recipe are my own.
Leftover Halloween Candy Apple Salad
So in a few short weeks we are going to have a bunch of candy in the house. And while my kids are in their teens, I still try to get them to eat more fruit…hello, grab that apple instead of that handful of chocolate…PLEASE? Yeah right. It’s not happening. So, I decided why not put the candy with the fruit, then they have to eat them both?! I mean, they are going to eat the candy anyway, might as well get some fruit in there with it, right??
The beauty of this “salad” is that you can put in just about any fruit you have on hand…Pears would be a lovely addition, those little mandarins, even pineapple…whatever you got and you want the kids to eat…put it in there! Because, let’s be honest just about every fruit I can think of pairs perfectly with chocolate.
You have the added nutrients from the fruit, then you are making this candy bar salad with milk, so you are also getting vitamins and nutrients from milk. Look at that…this may become my new favorite salad 😉
Normally I would have used Sugar Free pudding mix when making something sweet, because honestly I can’t usually tell the difference, but I went to two stores and they were both out, so regular won. Next time I make it, I will use the sugar free option…and if you use sugar free to make this leftover Halloween candy apple salad, let me know which brand you use and how it was! My friend said she saw some at Aldi the other day, so I’ll grab some the next time I’m there.
This Candy and Fruit Salad is a great way to use leftover Halloween candy, you can also make it any time of the year! Any time you want to increase fruit consumption in the house and you think you need the help of a little chocolate, this Candy Bar Apple Salad is an excellent option.
Leftover Halloween Candy Bar Fruit Salad Key Ingredients
- Florida Milk
- Instant pudding mix
- Whipped topping
- Chocolate candy
- Apples – or your fruit of choice
How to make Leftover Candy Apple Salad
It’s super simple! All you have to do is mix the Florida Milk, pudding mix and the whipped topping. Then toss in the diced chocolate candy and diced apples. Stir and refrigerate until ready to enjoy. Serve with a tall glass of Florida Milk.
This Leftover Halloween Candy Apple Salad makes a bunch, but exactly how many servings really depends on how big your servings are! We got about 15 small bowls out of ours, but you may get less…or more! It will stay in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days. My guess is that it won’t last that long though 😉
Ok, let’s make some Candy Bar Apple Salad shall we?
Leftover Halloween Candy Fruit Salad
- Leftover Halloween Candy I used 4 fun size kit kats and 4 reese's from the same bag - feel free to use whatever halloween candy you have leftover! - cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Florida Milk I used 2%
- 1 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding mix feel free to get creative and try other flavors or the Sugar Free option
- 8 oz whipped topping thawed, I used the lite variety.
- 3-4 apples cut into bite size pieces you can also use pears, mandarins, pineapple...any fruit you have on hand! You just want about 4 cups of diced fruit...feel free to add more if desired.
- In a large bowl, mix the Florida milk and pudding mix.
- Allow it to sit for 1 - 2 minutes, the mixture will start to thicken.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Add in apples and leftover Halloween candy pieces.
- Refrigerate until ready to enjoy!