This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Gin Daisy Cocktail
Isn’t this Gin Daisy Cocktail beautiful?! Refreshing and a bit fruity, this cocktail will soon be one of your favorite drinks. ‘Daisy’ cocktails are drinks that were popularized in America, any base spirit can be used to make them, but this particular recipe for a pretty and summery drink calls for the use of gin. For many, gin is either a “love it” or “hate it” spirit, but even if you are on the “hate it” end of the spectrum, you gotta give it one more try and make yourself this Gin Daisy Cocktail.
Gin is an alcoholic beverage of no less than 80 proof that possesses the flavor of juniper berries. Gin is produced in subtly different ways, from a wide range of herbal ingredients, which is why you can find a lot of distinct styles and brands when at the liquor store. After juniper, gin tends to be flavored with botanical/herbal, spice, floral, fruit or often a combination. The most popular gin drink is simply a Gin and Tonic.
Gin Daisy Cocktail Ingredients:
Sparkling Water or Soda Water
Orange slice and sprig of mint for garnish
How To make a Gin Daisy:
You can serve your cocktail with ice or prepare it in a shaker. I prefer mine with ice in a glass. If you want to prepare your cocktail in a shaker you will fill half the shaker with ice cubes, add the gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and grenadine syrup.
Shake well then strain into an old fashioned glass or your favorite glass for sipping.
Top up with sparkling water or soda water. I used lemon sparkling water.
Garnish with fresh mint and orange slice(s).
Now, here is my Gin Daisy Cocktail recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Gin Daisy Cocktail
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp simple syrup
- 1 tsp grenadine
- 2 oz sparkling water or soda water I used lemon sparkling water
- 1 orange slice for garnish if desired
- 1 sprig of mint for garnish if desired
- Fill your favorite cocktail glass with ice
- Add the gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, and grenadine syrup
- Stir gently
- Top with sparkling water or soda water
- Garnish with mint and orange slice
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes, add the gin, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup, and grenadine syrup
- Shake well then strain into an old fashioned glass
- Top up with the sparkling water or soda water
- And garnish with mint and orange slice