This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
This easy breakfast recipe is ready in under 30 minutes! Made with fresh pineapple and apple slices, this healthy and flavorful breakfast idea is a must-try! While this post is sponsored by Healthy Family Project, all opinions and my love for supporting the brands that are supporting my local food banks…are my own!
Easy Skillet Pineapple Apple Pancake
I am always looking out for easy breakfast recipes. Saturday and Sunday mornings are made for relaxing and eating a homemade breakfast, right? Enjoy that cup of coffee, give yourself a few minutes to chat about everyone’s week. Yes please! But what I don’t want to do is spend the whole morning standing in the kitchen cooking.
So, when I saw this Upside Down Apple Pancake recipe over at Healthy Family Project, I decided I needed to give it a try. I put a little spin on it, my daughter loves pineapple so I added pineapple in it too. I mean, how could pineapple and apple be wrong?!
I also switched out the pumpkin spice for cinnamon, simply because I thought cinnamon would pair better with the pineapple.
This was the first time I have ever tried to make a skillet pancake, I have made pancakes in a baking pan though, so I figured this wouldn’t be too different. I will say it was just as easy, but mine didn’t turn out nearly as pretty as the one over at Healthy Family Project 😉
My mistake was once I poured the pancake mix in the skillet, I didn’t make sure the fruit was evenly spaced…it kind of got moved around. So, half of my pancake had a lot more fruit than the other half. But that’s okay, we just topped it with some more fruit 😉
I grabbed my ingredients for my pancake skillet when I was at Publix earlier this week. By purchasing the Del Monte pineapple and the Rainier apples for the pancake skillet, I actually helped support my local food bank.
And you can do the same. Now through November 4th look for these brands while shopping at Publix and you will be helping supporting your local food banks too!
You can also look for signs throughout the produce department at Publix. On those signs will also be a QR code that you can scan for healthy and delicious recipes…like that Upside Apple Skillet Pancake recipe that inspired me to make my Pineapple Apple Pancake Skillet. You can also click HERE to get The Healthy Family Cookbook or click the image below.
Again, mine doesn’t look as pretty as theirs, but it tastes pretty darn amazing. In fact, as I was taking pictures of it, my daughter kept begging me to take a slice!
I am happy to report that this Skillet Pineapple Apple Pancake is officially kid-approved! My daughter ate up a slice as her afternoon school snack and promptly stated that there better be enough left for her for tomorrow for breakfast.
She topped hers with a bit of whipped topping and a little extra maple syrup. I ate my slice right out of the skillet 🙂
Skillet Pineapple Apple Pancake Key Ingredients
- Pancake Mix
- Maple Syrup
Actually, that’s all the ingredients! Easy peasy! And prep time is just a few minutes. You simply melt the butter, cook the apple and pineapple until they are tender, pour in the pancake/water mixture and bake. Done!
Now, here is my Skillet Pineapple Apple Pancake recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so you can make it again and again.
Pineapple Apple Pancake Skillet
- 1 Rainier Gala apple peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh Del Monte Pineapple cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whole grain complete pancake mix I used protein pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add butter and allow it to melt.
- Add apples, syrup, and cinnamon to the skillet.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, or until bubbly and apples are softened.
- Whisk together pancake mix and water in separate bowl.
- Pour over fruit in the skillet.
- If the fruit moves to one side or another, gently use a spatula to make sure it's evenly spaced or give the skillet a little shake.
- Place pan in oven and bake 20 minutes, or until pancake is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- IF you would like to serve it as an upside down pancake, you can...use a spatula to loosen pancake from skillet. Place large plate over top of skillet and flip to release pancake onto plate. It will taste amazing no matter how you serve it! I promise!
- Topping with yogurt or whipped topping if desired.
I hope you enjoy my Skillet Pineapple Apple Pancake as much as we do!
Be sure to check out HealthyFamilyProject.com for more than 500 registered dietitian-approved and family-tested recipes, meal planning tools, grocery store specific campaign details, and healthy tips from real parents and on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for even more!
Be sure to look out for those sponsors I mentioned above, YOU can be a part of the reason why 775,000 meals were donated! Do good, feel good, eat good 🙂