This Creamy Salsa Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe is easy to make and can be prepped in just a few minutes. Make this Creamy Salsa Chicken tonight or add it to your meal plan as a freezer to crockpot meal.
Creamy Salsa Chicken – Freezer to Crock Pot Meal
I have another Freezer to Crock pot Meal for you guys today. I love that these are so easy to make and only require a few ingredients. In fact, you don’t have to make this as a Freezer to Crock Pot meal, you can toss everything in the Crock Pot in the morning too! The Freezer to Crock Pot option is just nice when you are trying to meal plan or be super organized 🙂
For this Creamy Salsa Recipe you will place everything in the crock pot, expect the Sour Cream. You will stir that in at the end…hence the “creamy” part 😉
Doesn’t that look good? I always like to shred my chicken and then place in back in the crock pot for at least 30 minutes or so that it gets a chance to really soak in all those fabulous flavors.
I served mine on top of my One Pot Mexican Quinoa, but you can also just serve yours in tortillas.
Now, here’s my Creamy Salsa Chicken recipe, make sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Feel free to use a crock pot liner for easier clean-up!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup your favorite salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can of Reduced Fate or Fat Free cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup Fat Free or Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- Add all ingredients except sour cream in your freezer bag (or directly to crock pot if you are not doing the Freezer to Crock Pot cooking method)
- Thaw overnight and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken when it’s ready – using two forks simply pull the meat apart
- Place the chicken back into the crock pot for approx 30 mins
- Stir in sour cream
- Serve on top rice or in tortillas
I hope you enjoy this Creamy Salsa Chicken as much as we do!
Looking for more Freezer to Crockpot Meals? Be sure to check out my Mexican Chicken Recipe!
Need a great deal on Chicken? Be sure to check out Zaycon Foods!