This Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe is easy to make and can be prepped in just a few minutes. This easy dinner recipe only has 5 ingredients! Make it tonight or add it to your meal plan as a freezer to crockpot meal.
Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Chicken
Easy Freezer Meal
I have another Freezer to Slow Cooker Meal for you guys today. I love that freezer meals are so easy to make and only require a few ingredients. In fact, you don’t have to make this as a Freezer to Crock Pot meal, you can toss everything in the Crock Pot in the morning too! The freezer dump meal is just nice when you are trying to meal plan or be super organized 🙂
For this Creamy Salsa Chicken Recipe you will place everything in the crock pot, expect the Sour Cream. You will stir that in at the end…hence the “creamy” part 😉
Doesn’t that look good? I always like to shred my chicken and then place in back in the crock pot for at least 30 minutes or so that it gets a chance to really soak in all those fabulous flavors.
Serve your delicious creamy salsa chicken on top of rice or quinoa, or make it into extra flavorful tacos.
Now, here’s my Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Chicken recipe, make sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- Slow Cooker
- 1½ - 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup your favorite salsa
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can Reduced Fat or Fat Free cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup Fat Free or Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- Write the recipe name and cooking times on a gallon freezer bag with a permanent marker
- Add all ingredients except sour cream in your freezer bag (or directly to crock pot if you are not doing the Freezer to Crock Pot cooking method)
- Freeze until ready to use
- Dump ingredients from freezer bag into the slow cooker
- Cook low for 6-8 hours if cooking from frozen. Cook on low for 4 - 6 hours if thawed.
- Shred the chicken when it's ready - using two forks simply pull the meat apart
- Place the chicken back into the crock pot for approx 30 mins
- Stir in sour cream
- Serve on top rice or in tortillas
Feel free to use a crock pot liner for easier clean-up!
I hope you enjoy this Creamy Salsa Chicken Crock Pot meal as much as we do!
Looking for more Freezer to Crockpot Meals? Be sure to check out my Apricot Chicken Recipe!