This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
If you are looking into opening a Florida Prepaid College Savings Plan, I’m sure your first question is What is the Cost Of A Florida Prepaid College Plan. I have the answers plus a Florida Prepaid College Plans Promo Code for you. This post is sponsored by Florida Prepaid College Plans, through my role as a Believer Blogger. All thoughts are my own.
What is the Cost Of A Florida Prepaid College Plan?
Open Enrollment for Florida Prepaid College Plans is here. That means if you have been considering opening a college prepaid plan for your child or grandchild, you are probably researching the different Prepaid Plan options. You are probably also wondering how much is a Florida Prepaid College Plan. Well, I have the very literal answer to that important question for you, but I also have the emotional one. Emotional answer to a pricing question? What? Yes. My personal answer to that question is very emotional. I will first give you the facts about Florida Prepaid College Plan prices and then be sure to read on for my personal answer to that question.
If you pay attention to the news at all, you have heard that the Florida Prepaid College Board lowered Florida Prepaid Plan prices by $1.3 billion. This huge reduction in pricing not only benefited current customers, but also customers that already had already paid their plans in full. Over 200,000 customers were impacted, with some even receiving refunds totaling $500 million. Why did Florida Prepaid reduce prices? This reduction was due to successive years of lower than anticipated tuition increases and fee inflation.
So, what is the cost of a Florida Prepaid College Plan now?
Pricing for the 2020 Florida Prepaid College Plan Open Enrollment has the lowest rate it has had in five years.
Here are the current Florida Prepaid College Savings Plans and the Florida Prepaid Plan prices:
- 1-Year Florida University Plan – This is the most flexible plan and starts at the lowest monthly payment. The 1-Year plan allows you or other family members to buy one year of State University at a time as your budget allows, up to four years. The 1-Year Florida University Prepaid Plan prices start as low as $44.28/month
- 2-Year Florida College Plan – This prepaid plan is the most affordable way to earn an AA degree from a Florida College and guaranteed admission to one of Florida’s State Universities. The 2-Year Florida College Plan prices start at $52.65/month
- 2 + 2 Florida Plan – This prepaid college plan allows you to save money on lower-level courses while receiving a bachelor’s degree from one of Florida’s State Universities.The 2 + 2 Prepaid Plan prices start at $141.97/month
- 4-Year Florida College Plan – This prepaid plan option is the most convenient and affordable way to earn a bachelor’s degree from a Florida College. The 4-Year Florida College Prepaid prices start at $113.63/month
- 4-Year Florida University Plan – This is the most popular prepaid plan because it offers the widest variety of bachelor’s degree options from one of Florida’s 12 State Universities. The 4-Year Florida University Plan prices start at $176.97/month
The prices listed above are for newborns, they will vary based on your child’s age. If you want to find the exact Florida Prepaid College Plan pricing for your child, visit the Florida Prepaid College Plan Calculator.
So, if you were to ask me how much is a Florida Prepaid College Plan, I would say it’s priceless.
We have Florida Prepaid College Plans for both of our children and I can tell that it was the best decision we have made. We started my son’s Florida Prepaid College Plan before he was one year old. We had his college tuition paid for by the time he was 5 years old. Since funds were a little tighter when our daughter was born, we didn’t start her plan until she was almost 3 years old. At that time, prices had increased, but the customer service staff since provided us with affordable options that would work within our budget. Before my daughter was 10 years old, we had her college tuition paid for.
That is one of the biggest gifts (besides unconditional love) that we can give our children. The gift of a college education. The gift of graduating college without the stress of a huge student loan. The gift of not having to pay off student loans for 20 years. Florida Prepaid College Plans allowed us to give our children the gift of a bright future. And that’s something I can’t put a price on. So, if you were to ask me how much is a Florida Prepaid College Plan, I would definitely say it’s priceless.
If you are considering opening a Florida Prepaid College Plan during Open Enrollment, I’m sure you have some questions.
Here are a few of the questions I researched before opening our Florida Prepaid Plans:
- Can Florida Prepaid Plans Be Used Out Of State?
- What Happens To Your Prepaid Plan If Your Child Gets a Scholarship?
- If Your Child Decides Not To Go To College, Will You Lose The Money You Invested In Florida Prepaid College Plans?
You can also check out the Florida Prepaid College Plan FAQs
And if you still have questions, the Florida Prepaid College Plans phone number is 1-800-552-4723, their customer service team is exceptional.
I am sure you have heard about the recent Florida Prepaid College Plan price reduction! If you aren’t a customer already, you won’t have a refund obviously, but you will be able to take advantage of the price reduction! If you do have a prepaid plan and are curious if you qualify for a Florida Prepaid College Plan Refund you will have to login into your Florida Prepaid College Plan account, check your plan and see if there is an over-payment. If there is, request it! It’s that simple. We were one of the Florida Prepaid College Plan customers that received a refund, my son didn’t qualify as we bought his prepaid plan before 2008, but my daughter’s plan did. I honestly couldn’t believe it when I called Florida Prepaid College Plans Customer Service and they told me we had a refund coming. What an incredible company (and state that we live in!) for them to issue my family a refund on something we bought TEN YEARS AGO. I mean, seriously, who DOES that?! We feel beyond blessed.
So, if you were to ask me What is the cost for a Florida Prepaid College Plan, I would say it’s priceless.
Open enrollment is now through May 31st, if you are ready to open a Florida Prepaid College Plan, be sure to use Florida Prepaid College Plan Promo Code SAVING20 to save on the application fee.
Learn more about Florida Prepaid College Plans online and feel free to follow Florida Prepaid College Plans on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to stay up to date with information on open enrollment but get tips on college and more.
Be sure to follow Food Wine Sunshine on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for more helpful tips, things to do in Florida, and family fun.