Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
Need I really say more? You have four of my favorite things right there: chocolate, strawberries, cheesecake and oreos. Put all those ingredients together and you have a dessert made in heaven. Now, I don’t make desserts all that often, mainly because I know I have very little willpower and will eat the whole thing, but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy making an incredible strawberry cheesecake like this now and again. I just make sure there are friends and family over I can share it with 😉
Making a cheesecake from scratch does take a bit more time than grabbing on at the grocery store, but I promise you will taste the difference. Homemade is always better. To make this chocolate covered strawberry cheesecake recipe you actually very basic ingredients, most of which you probably have in your pantry right now. The only ingredients for this recipe for strawberry cheesecake that I had to pick up at the store was the cream cheese, oreos and heavy cream.
We almost always have strawberries in the house, they are like a dessert all in themselves. Strawberries are not only sweet and juicy, but they are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, making them one of nature’s candy. My kids love these strawberry breakfast tacos and I especially love them in these strawberry martinis.
Take those bright red strawberries and add them to a cheesecake and you have yourself one heck of a treat. Then top that with a homemade chocolate ganache…yes please!
To make chocolate ganache you only need two ingredients: chocolate chips and heavy cream. Did you know it was that easy?
The crust of this delicious strawberry cheesecake covered in chocolate ganache is simply crushed oreos and butter.
Now that you have everything you need, let’s get baking shall we? Here is my Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake
- 2 cups chocolate Oreo cookie crumbs (about 20 cookies)
- 6 tbsp butter melted
Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 16 oz cream cheese two 8 oz packages
- 1 cup strawberry yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a food processor pulse chocolate cookies until fine consistency.
- In medium bowl combine cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into a springform pan.
- Bake crust for about 10 minutes at 350°
- In food process blend strawberries and water until smooth. Then set aside.
- In stand mixer beat room temperature cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add yogurt and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Add pureed strawberries, then beat slightly.
- Add flour, then beat slightly.
- Add sugar, then beat slightly.
- Add vanilla, then beat slightly.
- Add ONE egg.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Add remaining egg.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over baked crust and bake at 350° for about 50 - 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and run butter knife along edges of pan to prevent cracking as the cheesecake cools and sets.
- Let cool for an hour before removing from pan.
- In a small saucepan heat heavy cream over medium heat until it just starts to boil and remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl add chocolate chips and pour the hot cream over chocolate chips and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth consistency.
- Let ganache cool to room temperature before pouring over cheesecake.
- When cooled, pour over strawberry cheesecake.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours until ready to serve.