This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Looking for a delicious, hearty meal that is ready for your family in about 45 minutes? This Zucchini Chicken Parmesan Casserole is the answer.
Zucchini Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Weeknights usually are pretty hectic our house, I appreciate a hearty, easy weeknight meal. And since this week we have an extra soccer practice in with baseball practice, guitar lessons, and my husband is going to traveling some, I knew I would definitely need an easy weeknight meal or two! I know you have been there before too, the moment where it’s 4:30 P.M. and you realize you have to leave the house in a little over an hour and you have NO IDEA what to cook for dinner. Well, I am here to save your day…well, dinner time 😉
When I was at Publix this week I grabbed some staples – Tyson® Chicken Fillets 25 oz (frozen), a box of Barilla® pasta, and a jar of Barilla® Sweet Peppers and decided that they would save my dinner one night. And they sure did!
Why were Tyson® Fully Cooked Chicken, Barilla® Pasta, and Barilla® Sauce the staples that I grabbed to make my weeknight meals easier?
Tyson® Fully Cooked Chicken is:
- 100% All Natural Ingredients
- Chickens Raised With No Added Hormones or Steroids
- Made with White Chicken Meat
- Chicken Raised with No Antibiotics Ever
Barilla® Pasta is:
- Italy’s #1 brand of pasta
- Barilla® pasta brings Al Dente perfection to every pasta meal
- Barilla® makes dinner quick, easy, and versatile that everyone loves
Barilla® Sauce is:
- Made from selected highest quality ingredients like vine-ripened tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil and fragrant herbs, all slowly simmered, to bring an authentic tasting sauce with a burst of flavor in every bite
- Made with all natural ingredients and contains no preservatives
- Fresh from the garden taste
- Italy’s #1 Brand of Pasta Sauce
The best part is, if that you can have this yummy version of Chicken Parmesan to your family table in under an hour and you will love that extra layer of hidden vegetables.
Once you have all the ingredients home, you just need to dirty a few pans and a baking dish!
While you are boiling your pasta you will saute the vegetables.
And add in the sauce.
Once your pasta is ready you will add in the creamy cheese mixture that is a blend of ricotta, cream cheese, and sour cream.
Then let the layering begin! Pour the pasta into the baking dish first, then layer on the vegetables in the Barilla® Pasta Sauce.
Next is the Tyson® Chicken fillets.
Top with the remainder of the sauce and sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese and you are ready to toss this Zucchini Chicken Parmesan Casserole into the oven.
Now, here is my Zucchini Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 3/4 box Barilla® Farfalle Pasta (can use penne or mostaccioli noodles if desired)
- 1 jar Barilla® Sweet Peppers Pasta Sauce
- Tyson® Fully Cooked Chicken Fillets (frozen)
- 1/2 cup low fat or fat free ricotta cheese
- 4 oz (half package) low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 2 cups of zucchini, squash and onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup low fat mozzarella shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions
- While the pasta is boiling mix the ricotta, cream cheese and sour cream well and set aside
- In a pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and saute the fresh vegetables until tender, turn heat to low and pour in 3/4 of the jar of Barilla® Pasta Sauce (saving some to pour on the top of the dish before baking)
- Once pasta to cooked, drain it and pour back into the same pot
- Slowly stir the cheese mixture and pasta noodles together until well blended
- Pour noddles into a 9×13 baking dish
- Pour sauce and vegetable mixture on top of the noodles
- Place 3-4 Tyson® Fully Cooked Chicken Fillets (frozen) on top of the layer of sauce and vegetable mixture
- Pour the remainder of the Barilla® Sweet Peppers Pasta Sauce on top of the Tyson® Fully Cooked Chicken Fillets
- Sprinkle on the low fat mozzarella shredded cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until chicken is heated throughout
I hope you and your family enjoy this Zucchini Chicken Parmesan Casserole as much as we do!
When you head to Publix, make sure to grab the in-store coupon for $3.00 off when you buy any 1 Tyson® Chicken Strips, Tenderloins, or Fillets 25 oz (frozen) AND any 1 Barilla® Pasta Sauce 24 oz AND any 1 Barilla® Pasta 8-16 oz (combined purchase required). The coupon is valid February 13 – March 4, 2016. That means you may find yourself heading back to Publix an extra time or two to stock up on these delicious family favorites 🙂 I know I plan on it!
Meals Are Made Easy With Tyson® and Barilla® at Publix! In fact, if you can find more amazing recipes here on Pinterest that are made with Tyson® and Barilla®.
And be check out all my delicious recipes on Food Wine Sunshine and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google +.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson® and Barilla®. The opinions and text are all mine.
41 thoughts on “Zucchini Chicken Parmesan Casserole”
Oh my goodness, this looks so delicious! I think it would be even better with real chicken.
It is absolutely delicious! I love the creamy noodles, the Barilla Sauce with the veggies…and the 100% Natural Ingredients Tyson Chicken are perfect for making this meal a perfect. quick, weeknight (or any night!) meal. Be sure to come back and let me know if you try it 🙂
This is a delicious recipe that combines protein And vegetables in one dish and is not hard to prepare.
Yes, there are layers of tasty goodness!
this looks great
I was just looking for a great zucchini recipe and this may be it! I sent “Him” to the store for a cucumber and he came home with a 3 pack of zucchini!
That’s totally something my husband would do 🙂 I hope you enjoy this recipe instead of your cucumbers!
ps. Love the pictures! If I have to send “Him” back to the store I can print the ingredients picture!!
I wouldn’t use the breaded chicken, just some naked chicken. It looks very good.
This looks good like to try this
I like all the low fat option of the cheese and cream cheese. You can really save fat and calories with that. I would just sub gluten free pasta and I’d be set for this all in one dish.
this looks delicious thank you for sharing
I think that this Zucchini and Chicken Parmesan would be great in a Casserole. I am trying your wonderful recipe.
Looks delicious, and I love zucchini. Always looking for a great new way to make chicken. Thanks!
wow this looks absolutely amazing I have been trying to find new ideas for dinner.
oh wow this looks great. i love zucchini but i never thought to do this.
I love zucchini and never thought to pair it with chicken parmesan. I am always up to try new recipes and this sounds very good.
Thank you!! Be sure to come back and let me know if you try it 🙂
Wow,i just have to make this it looks amazing !
Looks delish. Think I will modify it and leave the chicken out. Trying to cut out meat from my diet.
This looks good. I think the kids might even like it! I love that I can make this a low carb recipe too
It has all my fave ingredients! I would love to try this!
I love casserole!
This recipe looks and sounds so yum. And pop it in the oven..easy! Nice!!
This looks fantastic! Definitely gonna try this! 🙂
Thank you!! Be sure to come back and let me know what you think 🙂
Looks amazing!! I pinned it for another day! Thanks for sharing!
You’re welcome – enjoy 🙂
I’m always looking for different ways to cook chicken and this sounds yummy. Will give it a try
(Zucchini Chicken Parmesan Casserole) I am going to make this great sounding recipe for my family real soon. I really like having different zucchini recipes in my recipe box too.
This looks so delicious and easy to make..looks low cal and healthy too
I love zucchini
I just recently started eating Zucchini! I usually only liked it deep fried.. lol but am learning new ways to enjoy it so I am excited to give this a try!
I love zucchini!! It’s so easy to cook – try this recipe and then try it just sauteed with a bit of olive oil and a dash of seasoning…like Mrs. Dash Original!
oh this sounds so good
Oh man this looks delicious. I would love to try this recipe for my family. Yummy.
This looks so good and authentic I’m Italian and my nana used to make Parmesan but this looks good and healthy
OMG!!! This looks so incredible!! I can’t wait to make it. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
This is one of my husbands favorites and I love zucchinis. This would allow me to sneak some in!
That does sound easy. And, it’s a good way to sneak in some vegetables for picky eaters.