This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Your friends and family are going to love these Slow Cooker Tangy Cranberry Chicken Wings! This delicious slow cooker chicken wing recipe is easy to prep and loaded with flavor. While this post is sponsored by Silver Spring Foods, all opinions and the recipe are my own.
Tangy Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken Wings
What’s better than chicken wings when you are entertaining? Chicken wings that are tangy, sweet, delicious and…EASY to make! Bonus points if you can toss them in the slow cooker and forget about them. Wait! That’s exactly what this recipe is 😉 I love Fall, and even though we don’t cool down all that much here in Florida I still love all of the fun stuff that comes with the season. Football. Homegating. Entertaining. Pumpkin Spice. Apples. Cranberries. Gimme all the yummy food and time with friends and family, because that is exactly what fall is all about. Well, that and these Slow Cooker Tangy Cranberry Chicken Wings.
To make these Crockpot Tangy Cranberry Chicken Wings, you only need about 15 minutes of prep time to season the chicken wings and make the tangy sauce. Once the sauce is made, you add the seasoned chicken wings to the slow cooker and top them with your homemade tangy cranberry sauce then let the slow cooker do the rest.
Once your wings are done, you can crisp then up in the oven on broil and top with some of the remaining sauce from the crock pot for a nice sticky glaze.
Once the broiling is done and that extra glaze is on, you will have the best finger-licking chicken wings you have ever tasted! And when your guests ask for them every time you host a gathering or you head to a friend’s house for a party, the good news is that they are pretty easy to make. But you don’t have to tell them that 😉
What gives these chicken wings their tasty “zing” is the Silver Spring Foods … and … I love that they are so versatile, both can be easily used in recipes but also as dips for some of your other favorite game day eats. I can’t wait to try the Cranberry Horseradish with meatballs and the Beer’n Brat Horseradish Mustard on my brother’s homemade brats. It’s no secret that I like adding a bit of heat to my cooking, so Silver Spring Foods products are an obvious find in my refrigerator. Why Silver Spring Foods? Because they are Family-owned and the world’s largest grower and processor of horseradish, so they must know what they are doing 😉
Now, here is my Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken Wings recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make them again and again. Because you will want too. Promise.
Tangy Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker
- 4 1/2 - 5 lbs raw chicken wings
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Silver Spring Foods Cranberry Horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Silver Spring Beer'n Brat Horseradish mustard
- 1 can 14 ounces jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon diced green onion for garnish if desired
- Remainder of jar Silver Spring Foods Cranberry Horseradish for dipping
- Spray Slow Cooker with cooking spray
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients EXCEPT the cornstarch and water.
- For chicken, use a sharp knife to cut through two wing joints, discard wing tips.
- Salt and pepper the chicken wings and place them in the prepared slow cooker.
- Pour tangy cranberry mixture over top.
- Cook on low for 3 - 4 hours.
- Before serving, remove wings from the slow cooker and place them on a baking sheet.
- Preheat broiler.
- Transfer cooking juices to a skillet, skim any fat.
- Bring juices to a boil, cook until mixture is reduced by half, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices.
- Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Broil wings until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Brush with glaze and put back in the oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion if desired.
- Serve with remaining Cranberry Horseradish for dipping.