This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Looking for a low fat, yet delicious idea for dinner tonight? This Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is it! Prep it as a freezer meal or put everything into the crockpot tonight and enjoy.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
When the weather is chilly, there is nothing quite like a nice bowl of soup to warm you up from the inside out. This Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is made in the slow cooker and can be made today or it can be one that you prep ahead of time and toss in the freezer. Personally, I love freezer meals! There is nothing quite like waking up in the morning and having dinner started in about 2 minutes…all before coffee…no thinking required 🙂
This easy crockpot Chicken Tortilla soup recipe is prepped in about 5 minutes, then it cooks all day in the crockpot making the chicken nice and tender. Cooking the soup in the crockpot also allows all the ingredients to simmer together to maximize the flavor.
I put that this soup recipe makes 4 servings, but they are hearty servings, so you may even end up with leftovers…which always makes me happy! I love easy lunches for the next day!
Now, here is my Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 24 oz stewed tomatoes 1 can
- 10 oz enchilada sauce 1 can
- 10 oz original Ro*tel 1 can
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Sour cream, shredded cheese and tortilla chips to garnish if desired
- Place all the items into the slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low
- If making the meal ahead of time, label freezer bag and then place all ingredients into the freezer bag and toss in the freezer until ready for use
- At least 30 minutes before serving remove the chicken and shred it with two forks
- Place the chicken back in the slow cooker
- Top with Sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips if desired
I hope you enjoy this Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe as much as we do!
My whole family enjoyed this easy soup recipe, and I loved that it was simple to make and very low in fat! Just watch how many chips and how much cheese you top yours with 😉
Love Soup? Check out these other amazing Slow Cooker Soup Recipes.