This post was sponsored by King’s Hawaiian as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Prosciutto and Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich With Balsamic Reduction
There is just something about cheese. And prosciutto. And the nice crunch of an apple. And the sweetness of a balsamic reduction. All on bread. But not just any bread. The only bread that is good enough for this incredible Prosciutto and Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich With Balsamic Reduction is KING’S HAWAIIAN® Bread.
I grabbed all my ingredients for this amazing grilled cheese including the KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Sliced Bread at Target. Everything is right in the deli section.
Now, if you follow me, you know that I follow WW, so when I make a sandwich, it’s going to be worth every single point. And that’s exactly what this Prosciutto and Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich With Balsamic Reduction is. It is literally filled with all my favorite flavors. Sweet, salty, cheesy, crunchy perfection.
Seriously guys, can you really think of anything better than havarti cheese, cheddar cheese, prosciutto, thinly sliced apples drizzled with a balsamic reduction on KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Sliced Bread? No, no you can’t. I mean, everything’s better between King’s Hawaiian Bread.
Oh, and this beautiful grilled cheese is easy to make! So whether you are serving it for lunch, dinner, or a snack, all you need is about 10 minutes and you are on your way to deliciousness.
To make the best Prosciutto and Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich With Balsamic Reduction you will need:
KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Sliced Bread
Thinly sliced prosciutto
Thickly sliced Havarti Cheese (at the deli, ask for it on #2 on the slicer)
Thickly sliced Mild Cheddar Cheese (at the deli, ask for it on #2 on the slicer)
Apple – sliced thin
Balsamic Vinegar – I made my own reduction while the KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Sliced Bread was toasting, but you can buy the reduction if you prefer.
And that’s it!
You ready to get cooking? Here’s my Prosciutto and Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich With Balsamic Reduction recipe, be sure to print it and pin it so that you can make it again and again.
Prosciutto Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Balsamic Reduction
- 2 slices KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Sliced Bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 slices Thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 slices Thickly sliced Havarti Cheese at the deli, ask for it on #2 on the slicer
- 1 slice Thickly sliced Mild Cheddar Cheese at the deli, ask for it on #2 on the slicer
- 2 slices Thinly sliced apple
- ⅓ cup Balsamic Vinegar you can buy the reduction if you prefer.
- Pour balsamic vinegar into a small pot/pan and cook on medium heat until it reduces in about half, approx 8 mins. Will be syrupy.
- While you are reducing the balsamic vinegar, make your grilled cheese.
Prosciutto Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Butter both sides of the King's Hawaiian Bread.
- Toast one side of the bread in a pan on the stove or on the grill if preferred. Add butter to the pan if desired.
- Flip the bread, layer one slice of cheese, then proscitutto, then another slice of cheese, then apple, then another slice of cheese. At this point drizzle on some of the balsamic reduction (or you can save it for dipping), top with the other slice of bread.
- Continue to cook until cheese is melty, about 1-2 minutes.
- Cut in half if desired.
- Serve with remaining balsamic reduction.
I hope you enjoy this Prosciutto and Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich With Balsamic Reduction as much as we do!
Be sure to grab King’s Hawaiian Original Sweet Sliced Bread at Target to make a this yummy sandwich and all your favorite sandwich melts. And be on the lookout in April for the new Sliced Honey Wheat Bread at Target, it would also make for a delicious sandwich melt!