This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
This Lazy Man’s Stuffed Cabbage recipe is healthy, delicious, and easy to make. Make this stuffed cabbage as a freezer to crockpot meal or have it for dinner tonight.
Slow Cooker Lazy Man’s Stuffed Cabbage
Easy Freezer Meal
Do you like Stuffed Cabbage? I feel like it’s one of those meals that you either love or hate. Either you are thinking ” Oh, I love cabbage!” or “Uh, I don’t like cabbage at all.” Well, I actually teetered close to the “No thanks” side of the cabbage spectrum. But, the last time I picked up ground beef on sale, my mom was here and she promised me that this recipe wasn’t really “cabbage-y”, it was healthy, and really tasty.
So, I did it. I prepped Lazy Man’s Stuffed Cabbage with some of my lean ground beef and tossed it in the freezer. And that is where it sat for at least a month. You know when you have things in the freezer that you buy and then when you get home you decide you don’t want it anymore? That’s what I was feeling like. Not that I didn’t want it, but that I would make it and my family would all turn their noses up at it. Then one day I did it, I rescued my Lazy Man’s Stuffed Cabbage from the freezer and tossed it in the crockpot.
Are you sitting there wondering if this story has a happy ending, I mean I really went out of my way to tell you how nervous I was about this recipe…
The answer is YES. I served my family and EVERYONE ate it and better yet, LIKED IT! My kids don’t eat many veggies at all, so I was worried that they wouldn’t like it. And my hubby, well, he is definitely one of those folks that doesn’t like cabbage.
- My husband had two bowls.
- My kids cleaned their plates.
- I really enjoyed it!
- Will I make it again? YES!
So, if you LOVE stuffed cabbage, I definitely recommend this recipe, and if you are one of those people that aren’t the biggest fans, I still say you should give this one a try. Everything cooks together so nicely in the slow cooker, and the flavors blend together perfectly.
If you follow Weight Watchers like I do and want to save a few points, you can substitute the lean ground beef with 99% fat free ground turkey. 99% Fat Free ground turkey is ZERO points on the WW Blue Plan.
Now, here is my…well, my mom’s, Slow Cooker Lazy Man’s Stuffed Cabbage Recipe. You can make it a Freezer Meal like I did or you can choose to make it today 🙂
Lazy Man's Stuffed Cabbage
- ½ head shredded cabbage Medium size
- 1 ½ lbs uncooked lean ground beef
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes I used the garlic and onion variety
- 1 diced red onion you can use yellow onion if you prefer
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 10.75 oz can tomato soup
- 1 cup Minute Rice I used brown rice
- Get a gallon size freezer bag and label it with recipe name and instructions
- Put 1/2 the shredded cabbage in the freezer bag
- Add in the meat to the freezer bag
- Layer the onions and garlic into the freezer bag on top of the beef
- Pour in one can of the diced tomatoes
- Pour in the rice
- Add the rest of the shredded cabbage to the freezer bag
- Pour in the 2nd can of diced tomatoes
- Pour in the can tomato soup
- Seal the bag and toss in the freezer until ready to use
- When ready to use add the freezer prepped meal to the slow cooker, cook on low for appox 8 hours or until cooked throughout if cooked from frozen, if thawed cook for approx 6 hours or until cooked throughout
I hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Lazy Man’s Stuffed Cabbage Recipe as much as we do!
Looking for another delicious Make Ahead Meal?
Be sure to check out all my delicious recipes and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
3 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Lazy Man’s Stuffed Cabbage”
My husband would like this.He likes cabbage any way.
Silly question, do you cook the rice prior to freezing?
No, I did not 🙂 And no question is ever silly!