Homemade Swedish Meatballs are the ultimate comfort food! Serve them with mashed potatoes or egg noodles for a delicious meal that will make the whole family feel warm and fuzzy.
Homemade Swedish Meatballs
If this Homemade Swedish Meatballs recipe doesn’t scream comfort food, I don’t know what does! There isn’t much better than meatballs, gravy and mashed potatoes on a chilly Sunday evening sitting and watching a good movie with the family. The beauty of making meatballs is that it’s relatively easy and you can make extra and freeze them for a super easy meal on another day.
What You Need Homemade Swedish Meatballs:
1 lb of ground beef
1/2 lb of ground pork (or another meat)
Breadcrumbs just to firm up the mixture
Your favorite seasonings – (We always use VooDoo Chef DUST, but you can use salt, pepper, Italian seasonings)
2 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
Egg Noodles or mashed potatoes
What You Do to make Homemade Swedish Meatballs:
Mix the meat, egg, seasonings and the Breadcrumbs just to firm up the mixture
Roll into meatballs
Cook at 350 degrees – covered – for 30 minutes or until brown
Add 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup (no water)
Cook uncovered for another 15 minutes
Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes (my family prefers them over mashed potatoes)
The prep time to make these Homemade Swedish Meatballs is about 30 minutes, the time consuming part is definitely forming the meatballs, but it’s not hard. So, just turn on our favorite tunes and get to rolling. For the gravy, you can definitely use whatever you prefer, but using cream of mushroom is incredibly easy and it tastes good. We also love the sauce from IKEA, and it’s pretty darn cheap…it’s just a matter if you happen to have a location by your house and you can walk in and not a bunch of other stuff 😉 IKEA tends to be a blackhole for some (like me)…you walk in and 5 hours later you walk out and don’t understand where the time went. Actually, that happens to me at Costco too. And sometimes Target. Hmmmm…maybe I have an issue.
Anyway, how about that Homemade Swedish Meatballs recipe? Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Homemade Swedish Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork you can use chicken or turkey if you prefer
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Favorite seasonings We always use VooDoo Chef DUST, but you can use salt, pepper, Italian seasonings
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs more or less depending on firmness of meat mixture
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- Mashed potatoes or egg noodles for serving
- In a large bowl combine meats, egg and seasonings
- Combine with hands
- Add breadcrumbs as needed for firmness
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Form meatballs and place them in a baking dish, not a cookie sheet as you will be adding in the gravy
- Cook at 350 degrees - covered - for 30 minutes or until brown
- Add 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup (no water) to the baking dish
- Cook uncovered for another 15 minutes
- Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes
I hope you enjoy these Swedish meatballs as much as we do!
Looking for another comfort food recipe?