This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NatureMadeHeartHealth #CollectiveBias
This Heart-Healthy Salmon Salad with Homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette is one of our favorite salad recipes; it’s healthy, delicious and so easy to make!
Heart-Healthy Salmon Salad with Homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette
This salmon salad recipe is one of our go-to recipes! Not only is it easy to make, but it’s loaded with all those good-for-you fats, like Omega-3s. Did you know that heart health experts recommend consuming two servings of fatty fish per week for healthy adults? This equates to approximately 500 mg of EPA + DHA per day.1-2,‡ Most people don’t consume this much…my family included! While this Heart-Healthy Strawberry Salmon Salad with Homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing is an excellent addition to your weekly meal-plan, you may find that you still need to take a supplement, like me.
How do you decide what is the best Omega-3 supplement for you? You may want to discuss that with your healthcare professional, especially if you have heart concerns. I get the Nature Made® Omega-3 Full Strength Mini, 500mg EPA+DHA, Burp-less supplements at Walmart (Nature Made® offers many “burp-less” Omega-3 supplements, that are specially coated to help prevent a fishy odor and aftertaste). It’s actually the EPA & DHA Omega-3s from fish oil that count and getting them at Walmart has never been easier! EPA + DHA Omega-3s are the active ingredients in fish oil that provide heart healthy benefits.† You can find a selection of Nature Made® Omega-3 supplements at Walmart that clearly call out the amount of EPA & DHA Omega-3s on the front of the label. With this change in labels, Walmart is trying to make it easier for shoppers to navigate the “fish oil” segment and ensure their shoppers are confident they’ve found the right Omega-3 supplement. Nature Made® Omega-3 supplements make it easy to meet the recommended dose in as little as one softgel per day, depending on the formula you choose; they’re a great supplement option for healthy adults looking to help support a healthy heart.† And who doesn’t want a healthy heart?! Now, while you are at Walmart getting your Nature Made® Omega-3 supplements, grab the ingredients for my Omega-3 rich salad recipe with salmon, roasted walnuts, fresh fruit and my amazing light homemade strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing. Now, here is my Healthy Salmon Salad with Homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again:
- 2 fillets of salmon
- Mixed greens
- Crumbled blue cheese gorgonzola, feta or goat cheese - I have used all varieties and they are all great!
- Fresh strawberries - quartered
- Roasted walnuts - make your own instructions further down or buy ready-made
- Salt pepper, and butter for seasoning the salmon
Ingredients for roasted walnuts
- 1 bag chopped walnuts - I bought the 4 oz bag this was plenty for 4 salads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
Ingredients for salad dressing
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries - you can also use frozen but thaw them first
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper
- Place a small amount of butter or oil into a pan
- Saute salmon until cooked throughout, flip only once
- Prepare your salad with greens, strawberries, cheese, and roasted walnuts
- Top with salmon and dressing
Instructions to make your own roasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix walnuts, oil, salt and pepper until thoroughly coated
- Place walnuts on a baking sheet
- Bake until walnuts are golden brown and fragrant, about 10–15 minutes.
- Instructions for Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing: https://www.foodwinesunshine.com/homemade-strawberr...
- Put all ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth
I hope you enjoy this Heart-Healthy Salmon Salad with Homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette salad dressing as much as we do!
Do you take Nature Made® Omega-3 supplements? Which variety do you grab when you are at Walmart?
What is one of your favorite Heart-Healthy recipes? I hope you give my Strawberry Salmon Salad with Roasted Walnuts a try!
1. Kris-Etherton PM, Harris WS, Appel LJ. Fish Consumption, fish oil, omega-3 fatty acids and cardiovascular disease. Circulation 2002;106:2747-57.
2. Papanikolaou Y, Brooks J, Reider C, Fulgoni VL. U.S. adults are not meeting recommended levels for fish and omega-3 fatty acid intake: results of an analysis using observational data from NHANES 2003-2008. Nutr J. 2014;13(31)