This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Keeping on track with your financial goals can be hard, let these 10 Tips For Keeping Your Financial Goals help you into the New Year and beyond. While this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.
10 Tips For Keeping Your Financial Goals
Whether you made financial New Year’s resolution or it’s May and you are trying to be reach your financial goals, it can be hard. Money is something that is always on our minds, but it’s not something that we always know to manage. And things that are hard to manage or understand, are usually the things that we avoid.
Your money is not something you want to avoid. Money, your money, is something you want to understand and manage.
Did you know that only 8% of people who make resolutions keep them? In fact, most us have already given up by January 17, a date that’s unofficially known as “Ditch Your Resolution Day.”
Why aren’t we keeping our resolutions? We need realistic goals with a plan. A goal without a plan is just a wish.
Being better with money is the most common goal set, especially around New Year’s, but you need a plan in place to make that happen.
Here are 10 Tips To Help You Keep Your Financial Goals:
- Write Your Goals Down – Be as specific as possible and set short-term and long-term goals.
- Be Realistic – If owning 3 homes isn’t a realistic goal for 2018, don’t write it down 😉
- Get Support – If you are married, you and your spouse should be on the same financial road. If you aren’t married you can still find support with friends and family.
- Set Up Automatic Savings – No matter the amount, setting up an automatic savings deposit monthly is an easy way to save without having to think about it.
- Use Technology – There are so many ways that companies have tried to simplify our lives with technology. For example, AxiomGO can be a financial game-changer.
- Little Things Add Up to Big Things – Saving $5 a week may not sound like a lot (what is that, one latte?) but that quickly adds up to over $250 a year.
- Take Control of Your Credit – Pay off those credit cards, one at a time. No payment is too small. Remember little things (payments) add up to big things (like paying off a credit card!).
- Keep Planning – Your goals may change throughout the year(s), keep on keeping on.
- Stay focused – AxiomGO can help with that too.
- Don’t Give Up – On you or your goals.
I mentioned AxiomGO, a couple times in my tips to help you stay on track with your financial goals because it is a fantastic financial tool.
What is AxiomGO?
AxiomGO is the perfect tool to help you finally achieve your financial goals. AxiomGO is the new mobile-banking app that will help you become a better money manager.
Here’s why you need to check out AxiomGO:
1. It’s easy to use.
- That’s probably the most important reason in my book. If it’s not easy to use, I won’t use it. Our time is valuable, and so is our money. You can open an account without ever visiting a brick-and-mortar bank. All you need to get started is a smartphone or tablet.
- Need to deposit a check? You can do that right from AxiomGO, as well as pay your bills and transfer money to and from accounts at other banks.
- Telephone customer service is also available with AxiomGO, so you can always talk to a real person when you need personal service.
- About 10 million Americans don’t have a checking account – and they may be spending extra money on check-cashing fees and dealing with the inconveniences of paying bills with cash or money orders. If you are one of those 10 million people, AxiomGO is an easy way to start saving some money on fees and saving your valuable time.
2. AxiomGO can help you make a budget and stick to it.
- The B word. BUDGET. I hate that word. I immediately think of hours of time spent in front of spreadsheet after spreadsheet. I am probably not the only one that thinks that way as two-thirds of Americans have no budget. And not having a budget means you may not have a good handle on where all your money is going.
- Want to take a cruise or hike in Norway? Maybe you’re hoping to buy a house or a car but need to build up a down payment. This is where budgeting isn’t just helpful, it’s necessary.
- Use AxiomGO’s personal financial manager (PFM) to factor-in your income, and then set spending limits for various categories. The app’s spending alerts ping you when you’ve almost reached your limits, so you’ll know to slow down on non-essential spending.
- Even better, your budget will help you stop worrying so much about having enough money to cover all your needs.
3. You’ll never overdraft again.
- With checkless checking, AxiomGO makes overdrafts a thing of the past.
- Not only can you do all your banking online, but when there’s no money in your account to cover a transaction, the bank will simply decline the transaction.
Make this year the year you finally take charge of your money and reach your financial goals.
What is one of your tips for keeping your financial goals?
Axiom Bank N.A, a nationally chartered community bank headquartered in Central Florida, provides retail banking services, including checking, deposit, and money market accounts. It also offers commercial banking services, treasury management services and commercial loans for real estate and business purposes.