This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
What exactly is Taco Ramen and How do you make it? Well, Taco Ramen is a fun twist on Taco Tuesday…with ramen noodles! Get the easy steps on how to make Taco Ramen and have dinner ready in under 30 minutes! While this post is sponsored by Florida Dairy Farmers, my love of ramen, tacos and dairy are my own!
How To Make Taco Ramen
Here’s another fun TikTok trend! Have you seen ramen recipes all over TikTok? While I am not on TikTok nearly as much as my kids, I have seen some recipes trends that I had to try! Or that my kids encouraged me to try 😉 And this Taco Ramen Recipe is just that. I swear, my kids could eat ramen every day if I let them! My daughter made ramen last week with the sauce from one of our favorite family recipes, Korean Beef, and it was so good! So next we decided we needed to switch up Taco Tuesday and make Taco Ramen.
Yep, you read that right, Taco Ramen.
So what exactly is Taco Ramen?
Well, we took our favorite ingredients from tacos and added it to ramen! Ground beef, onions, peppers, and we made an incredible creamy cheese sauce to mix in that took our new ramen recipe to the next level.
Taco Ramen Key Ingredients
- Ramen – of course. You can discard the seasoning packet that comes with it.
- Lean ground beef
- Mini sweet peppers – you can substitute bell peppers if you would like.
- Jalapeno – We leave the seeds in because we like a little heat, but you can remove them if desired.
- Chicken Broth – I used low sodium.
- Seasonings – I used DUST by VooDoo Chef and red pepper flakes.
- Cilantro – for garnish if desired.
No taco (or taco ramen) is complete without cheese, so don’t forget this easy creamy cheese sauce!
Key Ingredients For Taco Ramen Cheese Sauce
- Florida Milk
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Red pepper flakes
How Do You Make Taco Ramen
It’s actually pretty easy! First you will cook the diced veggies until they start to get soft, about 3-4 minutes. Once the onions and peppers are tender, you will add in the ground beef and cook until all the pink is gone. Then you will add in the seasonings, chicken broth and the ramen noodles. While the noodles cook you will make the delicious ooey-gooey cheese sauce. To make the cheese sauce you simply melt the butter, add in the flour, then the Florida milk, then the cheese. Stir until thicken! Once the ramen noodles are cooked, you will add the cheese sauce to the skillet with the beef and ramen, stir, and enjoy! My daughter ate her Taco Ramen with chopsticks, so did my husband actually! I am not that skilled, but I think it’s just as good with a fork 🙂
My kids like it pretty spicy, so they both added a few dashes of hot sauce to theirs, but the flavor is great without it.
I will admit that I thought Taco Ramen may be a bit….weird…but I promise you, it’s delicious! I mean, how can cheese, beef and ramen noodles be wrong?!
Taco Ramen is definitely a delicious spin on Taco Tuesday 🙂
Now, here is my Taco Ramen recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- Large Skillet
- 1 medium onion diced
- 5 mini sweet peppers seeds removed, diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 3 packages ramen noodles seasoning packet discarded
- 1 ¼ lb. lean ground beef
- ½ tsp. all purpose seasoning I used DUST by VooDoo Chef
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes I used FlatIron Pepper Co.
- 2 ½ cups low sodium chicken stock
- cilantro for garnish if desired
- ¾ cup 2% Florida Milk
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes if desired
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onion and peppers and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until the onion starts to get translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned and is no longer pink.
- Add seasoning and red pepper flakes, stir.
- Add chicken broth and ramen noodles, stirring to combine evenly.
- Make sure all the ramen is covered with chicken broth so that they cook properly.
- Allow to cook until ramen is cooked (no longer crunchy), about 3-5 minutes.
- While the ramen noodles are cooking, make the cheese sauce.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan.
- Add the flour, whisk/stir until mixed well.
- Slowly pour in the milk.
- Add in the shredded cheese.
- Whisk until the cheese sauce is thickened and looking amazing.
- Sprinkle in red pepper flakes if desired.
- Pour the cheese sauce into the skillet with the beef and ramen.
- Stir well.
- It may be necessary to remove some excess liquid with a spoon
- Top with fresh cilantro if desired before serving