This Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread has Less Sugar But All The Flavor! Enjoy this scrumptious Blueberry Lemon Bread. A healthier lifestyle doesn’t have to be bland! While this post is sponsored by Walmart, all opinions and the yummy Lemon Blueberry Loaf recipe are my own.
Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread
Less Sugar But All The Flavor
Have you ever made blueberry bread? I will admit, I haven’t until just recently. Father’s Day is quickly approaching and one of the things that the kids and I like to do for my husband is make him a special breakfast. My husband really likes blueberry lemon bread when we buy it at the store, and since I have never made it before, it would definitely be a special breakfast!
You all know that I am all about looking for healthier options when it comes to cooking, so when I was developing this Lemon Blueberry Loaf recipe, that was a big factor. I also added in lemon for an extra punch of deliciousness.
In this Healthy Blueberry Lemon Bread recipe I used greek yogurt, applesauce, and half the oil and sugar that other recipes call for. And did you know that blueberries are considered the kings of antioxidants? Blueberries contain anthocyanins, flavonoids that protect blood vessels from oxidative damage. Studies have shown that just a handful of blueberries a day can improve your memory. So, not only are they a tasty addition to your Lemon Blueberry Loaf, but they are also good for you.
Now, here is my recipe for Lemon Blueberry Bread, the healthier version, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it for this Father’s Day and beyond.
Healthy Lemon Blueberry Bread
Lemon Blueberry Bread Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour + 1 tablespoon divided
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil vegetable or coconut would be fine as well
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- Zest of half lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Lemon Glaze Ingredients
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the blueberries and 1 tablespoon of flour, stir gently and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt - mix well.
- In a separate medium bowl all the oil, applesauce, greek yogurt, vanilla, eggs, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest - mix well.
- Slowly pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Combine until smooth, do not over mix, otherwise your bread will come out tough.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the bread batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and allow bread to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Allow bread to cool completely on wire rack.
- Once bread is cool, make the lemon glaze if desired.
Lemon Glaze Instructions
- Stir the confectioners sugar and lemon juice together. If glaze is too think, add in a little more lemon juice. You want it thin enough to drizzle, but thick enough to stay on the bread. Glaze will harden up a bit after approx. 15 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this Recipe For Lemon Blueberry Bread as much as our family does!
Leading a healthier lifestyle is very important to my family and I, that’s why I love creating recipes that are delicious and better for us. You can have all the flavor without all the fat! But watching what you eat isn’t all you need to do in order to live healthier. You need to work out, get a good night’s sleep, and check-in with your doctor on a regular basis so that you know everything is in working order.
So, this Father’s Day weekend, don’t give dad a tie, make him this amazing Healthy Blueberry Lemon Loaf.
So, this Father’s Day, help dad stay on his journey to a healthy life by making him this Healthy Lemon Blueberry Loaf.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.