Making barbecue sauce at home is not only easy, but tasty! This Easy Blueberry BBQ Sauce recipe is the perfect addition to chicken, pork, ribs and more. While this post is post is sponsored
by Bounty all opinions and the recipe are my own.
Easy Blueberry BBQ Sauce
Who loves cooking but hates the clean up? I swear, the fact that I have to clean up is half the battle on deciding what’s for dinner. What will make the least mess on the grill, on the stove, on the dishes? But sometimes, the best meals come from the biggest messes! That’s why I always have Bounty Quick-Size Paper Towels on hand. They are perfect for tackling the big and small messes I make in the kitchen (and the kids make at the dinner table) 😉 Like when they manage to get my Blueberry BBQ Sauce off the chicken and all over their fingers and onto the kitchen table!
Have you ever made your own BBQ sauce before? You will be amazed on how easy it is and how delicious it tastes. Since blueberries are in season, I decided I was going to treat the family to homemade Blueberry BBQ sauce. But, before I started prepping my homemade BBQ sauce, I jumped on Amazon and stocked up on Bounty Quick-Size Paper Towels. Right now, there is a $2 off coupon available, then I used Amazon promo code 5QUICKBOUNTY to save another $5. That’s $7 off savings! The pack contains 16 Family Rolls of Bounty Quick-Size Paper Towels, which equals 40 Regular Rolls, and considering that they are 2x More Absorbent* (*vs. leading ordinary brand), that should last a few. Depending how creative I keep getting the kitchen 😉
Once my Bounty Quick-Size Paper Towels got in from Amazon and I picked up my beautiful blueberries, it was time to get cooking. Now, here is my Easy Blueberry BBQ Sauce recipe, be sure to print it and pin it so that you can make it again and again.
Easy Blueberry BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce into a saucepan
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally until sauce is slightly thickened and chunky.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and place into a food processor or blender and puree
- Cool to room temperature then refrigerate until ready to use
- Use on chicken, ribs, pork, etc.
I hope you enjoy this Easy Blueberry BBQ Sauce as much as we do!
Here’s how to stock up on Bounty Quick-Size Paper Towels like I did:
- Head to Amazon.com
- Clip the $2 Amazon Coupon
- Use Bounty Quick-Size Paper Towels promo code 5QUICKBOUNTY
- Enjoy the savings!
Have you ever made your own BBQ sauce before?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bounty. The opinions and text are all mine.