While this post is sponsored, all opinions and my need to relax and unwind are my own.
15 Ways to Relax and Unwind
Summer started here in Florida the day the kids got out of school, and we seem to be busier than ever. The day the got out of school, I felt like we had plans in place til the day they go back to school in August! Just thinking about it is fun…and exhausting!
Between the kids in different camps, the house going under some updates, playing with friends, getting pool time in and preparing for our summer vacation, I get a bit overwhelmed at times. Don’t get me wrong, I love absolutely every minute of it, but there are times where I just don’t know how I will get it all done. I am sure you all have felt that way before too! So, as I practice my breathing and give myself a moment to relax and unwind, I thought I would share 15 EASY Ways to Help YOU Relax and Unwind too.
15 Ways to Keep Stress Away:
- Drink Water – We are made up of water, your body needs it, give your body want it needs and you will indeed feel better.
- Exercise – Even if it’s getting up from your chair and doing 15 squats, exercise is proven to make you feel better.
- Stop for a moment and think about 3 GOOD things about your day – When my kids have a hard time sleeping at night, I have them do this too, when you think good thoughts, the bad ones go away for a little bit.
- Indulge – One of my favorite indulgences that are for ME only are my Caribou Premium Iced Coffees. I keep all three flavors on hand – Chocolate Mocha, Sea Salt Caramel and Vanilla. I love that they not only taste great, but they are made with authentic Caribou Coffee and premium ingredients – like real chocolate and caramel – and reduced fat milk.
- Take a Break – From whatever you are doing, just take a step back for a minute or two, meditate, do yoga, just step back. I did yoga outside for the 1st time with my cousin, being outside and doing yoga is amazing! That’s her pictured above 🙂
- Read – Grab a book or a magazine and read about something else!
- Breathe – In through your nose, out through your mouth….10 times. Count with me…10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2…1 Ahhhhh, feel better?
- Sing – Turn Up The Music and SING like no one is listening
- Take a long hot shower or a bath – If time allows, this is always a great way to wash away stress. If you don’t have time this moment to take that tub, make a mental note to take one tonight.
- Look Up! – Stare up at the sky or ceiling and countdown from 60…now feel that blood pressure lower!
- Slowly tense and relax your muscles – When you are stressed, your muscles automatically tense up. To help get rid of that tension, focus on relaxing those muscles and your mental anxiety will relax as well.
- Give someone a compliment – An unexpected act of kindness will not only make someone else smile, but you as well.
- Grab the kids and play a game – This will give you a much needed mental break.
- Close your eyes – A nap would be great, but if time doesn’t allow for that, close your eyes and focus on that negative energy just leaving your body. Think about something positive that makes you smile.
- SMILE – It takes you more muscles to frown than smile…so SMILE…it’s contagious ya know 🙂
As I mentioned above, my current indulgence is the NEW Caribou Premium Iced Coffee.
It is now available in grocery stores nationwide. Just opening a bottle helps me relax!
I like to time mine out to the pool, put my feet in the water, and just…close my eyes and breathe.
Caribou Iced Coffee is the perfect coffeehouse treat that’s ready to drink when you need a moment to relax and unwind or when you’re on the go this summer.