This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Prepped in just 15 minutes, this Easy Beef Stew recipe is the perfect comforting meal to warm up on all these cool nights.
Easy Beef Stew
The weather is finally starting to cool down here in Florida and that means I get to make soup and stews. You know, the warm comforting foods that just make you feel good from the inside out…I realized that I have a bunch of homemade soup recipes here on the blog, but not one stew recipe! What?! How is that possible??
I did make an amazing beef stew for my friends over at RealSweetOnions, but I decided an easy beef stew was due here on Food Wine Sunshine. You all know that I am all about an easy dinner, and when you can toss everything into the Dutch Oven and let it cook, it doesn’t get much easier than that!
Oh, and I used canned vegetables in this beef stew recipe, feel free to use fresh vegetables if you want, I was just using what was in the pantry and what allowed me to not head out to the store 🙂
Beef Stew Key Ingredients
Canned Green Beans
Flour, Salt, Pepper and Seasonings
Beef Stew Simple Substitutions or Additions
Add in carrots
Toss in some sweetpotatoes
Use fresh veggies instead of canned veggies
Use refried beans as a thickener instead of flour
If you can’t find chuck roast, try tri-tip roast, top round roast or bottom round roast
How long is Beef Stew good for in the refrigerator?
If you have leftover beef stew, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days.
Can you freeze leftover Beef Stew?
Sure can! Place the leftover beef stew in a freezer-safe container or a freezer bag and toss it in the freezer. I recommend putting a date on it so you remember when you put it in there. Leftover Beef Stew will be good in the freezer for about 3 months.
Alright, are you ready to warm up with my Easy Beef Stew? I know I am! Here’s my easy Beef Stew recipe, be sure to print it and pin it so that you can make it again and again.
Easy Beef Stew
- Pot with heavy lid, such as a Dutch Oven
- 2 lb Chuck Roast 2-3 lbs
- 2 tbsp Beef BBQ Rub of choice
- 28 oz Canned Green Beans (drained) (2) 14 oz cans
- 28 oz Canned Cans Corn (drained) (2) 14 oz cans
- 2 large russet potatoes cut into large cubes
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 32 oz Beef broth I used low sodium
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 tsp pepper
- Cut the chuck roast into chunks
- Combine flour, BBQ seasoning and salt & pepper. Toss beef in flour mixture.
- Put olive oil into dutch oven and warm it over medium heat.
- Add diced onions.
- Add the beef and cook until browned.
- Add beef broth.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients; green beans, corn, and potatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 1-2 hours or until beef is tender.
- You can shut off the heat and leave it covered on the stove for longer, a Dutch Oven will hold heat for awhile.
- Serve with homemade biscuits or fresh bread.
I hope you enjoy this simple beef stew as much as we do!
What is one of your favorite comfort meals?
Check out all the recipes on Food Wine Sunshine and follow on me Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more FOOD WINE AND SUNSHINE.