This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Snowman Candle Holder Craft
The holidays are here and I love finding crafts and decor that are not only easy to make, but inexpensive! This Snowman Candle Holder Craft by my blogger buddy, Famous Ashley Grant, is just that! In fact, you can make it for under $5!
Now, here’s how to make those cute snowman candle holders.
What You Need:
- White Folk Art Enamels Paint – you can pick this up at a craft store or on Amazon
- Black Folk Art Enamels Paint – you can pick this up at a craft store or on Amazon
- Glass Votive Candle Holder or small glass – Ashley used the small drinking glasses from Ikea that at the time were just $1.50 for 6!
- Sponge brush
- Cookie sheet
- Styrofoam Plate
- Rubbing Alcohol
What You Do:
- Clean the exterior of the Glass Votive Candle Holder with rubbing alcohol.
- Pour a little white paint onto a Styrofoam Plate. Sponge it onto the exterior of the Glass Votive Candle Holder. Don’t paint the bottom. (For best results dab the sponge to coat the surface, don’t stroke in lines.) Let it sit to air dry 30 minutes.
- Pour a little black paint onto a Styrofoam Plate. Take the Q-tip and make black dots on the exterior to create a face. Let is sit to air dry an hour
- Place a cookie sheet into a COOL oven and place the air dried painted candle holder onto the cookie sheet.
- Close the oven and set the oven to 350 degrees. Then set a timer for 40 minutes.
- When the timer goes off turn off the oven immediately. Leave the item in the oven until it is completely cooled down.
- Once the oven is cooled down voila! You have a hand painted Snowman Candle Holder! Add a tea light candle and you’re all set!