This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Tropical Quinoa Salad Recipe
Quinoa. Do you eat it? I am a newbie I will confess. My mom has been telling me for months to try it…in fact when she was here in April she actually bought some for me so I would try it. I left it sit in the pantry until earlier this week. Now, I will say I am a fan! For some reason I am liking it cold – I have yet to try it hot! I have been experimenting with delicious fruits and vegetables to add to it for a salad.
This is my Tropical version and I will say I really like it! I love having something sweet in there – and I love the crunchiness from the fresh veggies.
So, without any further adieu, here is my recipe for a Tropical Quinoa Salad:
- 1 – Box of your favorite Quinoa – I used the Roasted Pepper Quinoa Brown Rice Blend by Near East
- 2 – Mini Sweet Peppers – I used Bella Fina and two colors to add some fun to the dish – diced
- 2 – stalks of celery – diced
- 1/4 cup of cooked corn (canned or steamed)
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- Cook Quinoa according to package instructions – I used coconut oil instead of olive oil
- Place in refrigerator to chill some
- When cooled down add in all your fruits and vegetables
Do you like quinoa? What is your favorite way to make it? Make sure to let me know if you try this Tropical Quinoa Salad Recipe – I would love to hear your thoughts! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do 🙂