Do You Have 45 Seconds to Help Donate Backpacks To Kids In Need?
Actually, it doesn’t even have to be a full 45 seconds. Scotties Facial Tissues is launching a new campaign in partnership with the Kids In Need Foundation (KINF) to inspire children to be prepared for the school year to help them do their best. And they need our help.
Did You Know?
According to KINF, students who go without the school supplies they need struggle with self-esteem and perform worse in school than students with adequate supplies.
Scotties Facial Tissues wants to change that, and I do too! Every child, no matter what their circumstances, should have the supplies they need to help them be engaged in learning. Pencils, crayons and paper may seem inconsequential to the learning process, but for a child in need, they can make a world of difference.
Here’s what you do with those 45 seconds:
With the help of your kids, create a video (no more than 45 seconds) having your child answer the following question…
“If you could put one thing in a backpack and then give it to a kid who needed help getting through the school day, what would that one thing be and why?”
Need some inspiration? Check out these examples.
This is a great opportunity to get your child(ren) involved in helping other kids, because for every video created and shared on social media (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook) using the hashtag #ReadySetSchool, a backpack filled with school supplies will be donated to a kid in need (up to 1,400 backpacks total) by Scotties.
Do You Have 45 Seconds to Help Donate Backpacks and School Supplies To Kids In Need?
I hope so! Post your video on social media using the hashtag #ReadySetSchool between now and July 31st, 2017.
- Get creative with your response! It can be something like a favorite purple pen, or sayings from a note your Mom wrote to you.
- Make each video authentic to you and your family.
- The video can either feature just your children or yourself as well.
- Please do not script your video.
- Make sure that strong light sources (sunlight, large lamps, bright windows, etc.) are in front of the person or people speaking, not behind them.
- You can use a smartphone, tablet, or any other video recording device. Test it out before recording your idea for submission to make sure that focus, sound, and other technical details are working correctly.
- Look into the camera and speak clearly, so we can understand and appreciate your idea. We care about what you have to say. Show the world you care, too!
- Please limit any editing and post-production.
- Please do not use Facebook Live to share.
- If possible, please ensure the highest resolution and clarity possible.
- Please encourage others to create and share videos. Consider “tagging” or calling out friends and family to make videos of their own.
- Once your video is complete, please upload it to either your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account between July 13 and July 31st.
- Make sure to share it using the hashtag #readysetschool – as this is the way Scotties will be counting the number of backpacks to donate. And don’t forget to tag Scotties!
So, get our your phones and answer the question “If you could put one thing in a backpack and then give it to a kid who needed help getting through the school day, what would that one thing be and why?” and help a child in need this Back To School Season.
While the post is sponsored, all opinions are 100% my own.