This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Enjoy this Easy Baked Salmon with Honey Citrus Glaze tonight for dinner! Ready in just 30 minutes, it’s a delicious and healthy dinner idea.
Easy Baked Salmon with Honey Citrus Glaze
Salmon is one of my favorite fish, it is not only amazingly delicious when it’s cooked right, it is also very good for you. We definitely have our favorite salmon dishes, like my Maple Glazed Salmon, but I am always on the look out for recipes that I think we would enjoy. I recently read a recipe on Fresh from Florida that was for Honey-Glazed Grouper, so I did a few modifications and made the Baked Salmon with Honey Citrus Glaze that I am sharing with you all today 🙂
Before I share the recipe, I wanted to share just a few of the health benefits to adding salmon to your meal plan.
Why is Salmon good for you?
- Salmon is rich in Omega 3, which is a type of essential fatty acid. It promotes healthy joints and skin, reduces the risk of heart disease and some say it even improves heart function.
- Salmon is PACKED with Protein. It actually contains over 50% of the daily required intake of protein per 4-ounce serving. Protein can help you feel full longer, give you energy and ease those hunger pangs.
- Salmon gives you lots of essential vitamins, like vitamin B-12, niacin, B-6 and thiamin and pantothenic acid.
- Not only does salmon have vitamins, is it filled with minerals. It contains selenium, which may fight heart disease, cancer, and more according to the National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements.
If that isn’t enough reason for you to try salmon, then just trust me when I tell you, there are recipes out there that you will like! My husband leans towards the ones that are a bit sweet, that’s why I wanted to try this Honey Citrus Glaze on my salmon.
Where do you get GOOD SALMON, make sure it’s from a store you trust and remember, fish should NEVER SMELL FISHY. I get all my fish and seafood from Anderson Seafoods and the quality is unlike anything I have found elsewhere. I strongly recommend the folks at Anderson Seafoods.
Now, here is my Easy Baked Salmon with Honey Citrus Glaze, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Easy Baked Salmon with Honey Citrus Glaze
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons peach habanero jam - I got this from my local farmers market you can EASILY substitute orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- dash of salt and pepper
- 2 salmon fillets
- Mix the glaze together and pour it into a ziploc bag
- Add the salmon to the bag
- Let in marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, overnight is fine too
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet that will be long/big enough to wrap around the salmon and cover it
- Place the salmon and honey citrus marinade onto the foil
- Completely cover the salmon, making a "foil packet"
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until the salmon is flaky and cooked through
I hope you enjoy this Easy Baked Salmon with Honey Citrus Glaze as much as we do!
Looking for another easy Salmon Recipe?
What is one of your favorite salmon recipes?
Be sure to check out all my delicious recipes and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
13 thoughts on “Easy Baked Salmon with Honey Citrus Glaze”
Salmon is probably one of the best fish you can eat as far as health is concerned. This recipe sounds so good. I will be giving it a try soon. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Yes, we love salmon as well. Enjoy and be sure to come back and let me know what you think!
I love salmon so much. I appreciate your sharing this special way to do it up. I will use your instructions and see how we do on this dish.
This sounds wonderful. My husband’s LOVES salmon. I have pinned this for future reference. Great recipe. Thank you!
I love salmon and am always looking for new ways to enjoy it.
We had salmon last night. My daughter has a recipe but won’t share what she puts on it. I will show her this recipe and get her to make it. It sounds so yummy. Thanks for sharing.
Sounds like a refreshing summer dish.