Easy Baked Salmon with Honey Citrus Glaze
Salmon is one of my favorite fish, it is not only amazingly delicious when it’s cooked right, it is also very good for you. We definitely have our favorite salmon dishes, like my Maple Glazed Salmon, but I am always on the look out for recipes that I think we would enjoy. I recently read a recipe on Fresh from Florida that was for Honey-Glazed Grouper, so I did a few modifications and made the Baked Salmon with Honey Citrus Glaze that I am sharing with you all today 🙂
Before I share the recipe, I wanted to share just a few of the health benefits to adding salmon to your meal plan.
Why is Salmon good for you?
- Salmon is rich in Omega 3, which is a type of essential fatty acid. It promotes healthy joints and skin, reduces the risk of heart disease and some say it even improves heart function.
- Salmon is PACKED with Protein. It actually contains over 50% of the daily required intake of protein per 4-ounce serving. Protein can help you feel full longer, give you energy and ease those hunger pangs.
- Salmon gives you lots of essential vitamins, like vitamin B-12, niacin, B-6 and thiamin and pantothenic acid.
- Not only does salmon have vitamins, is it filled with minerals. It contains selenium, which may fight heart disease, cancer, and more according to the National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements.
If that isn’t enough reason for you to try salmon, then just trust me when I tell you, there are recipes out there that you will like! My husband leans towards the ones that are a bit sweet, that’s why I wanted to try this Honey Citrus Glaze on my salmon.
Where do you get GOOD SALMON, make sure it’s from a store you trust and remember, fish should NEVER SMELL FISHY. I get all my fish and seafood from Anderson Seafoods and the quality is unlike anything I have found elsewhere. I strongly recommend the folks at Anderson Seafoods.
Now, here is my Easy Baked Salmon with Honey Citrus Glaze, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons peach habanero jam – I got this from my local farmers market, you can EASILY substitute orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- dash of salt and pepper
- 2 fillets of salmon
- Mix the glaze together and pour it into a ziploc bag
- Add the salmon to the bag
- Let in marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, overnight is fine too
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet that will be long/big enough to wrap around the salmon and cover it
- Place the salmon and honey citrus marinade onto the foil
- Completely cover the salmon, making a “foil packet”
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until the salmon is flaky and cooked through
I hope you enjoy this Easy Baked Salmon with Honey Citrus Glaze as much as we do!
Looking for another Salmon Recipe?