This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken & Spanish Rice Recipe – One-Pot Dish
I received some amazing new kitchen tools for my kitchen drawer from Good Cook and I recently used a few of those to help make this delicious Chicken and Spanish Rice dish…and the best part is that you only dirty one pot!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine – I used Chardonnay
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup long-grain white rice – I used 1/2 cup quinoa and 1/2 long grain rice
- Heat the oil in a large pot
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper
- Cook the chicken until golden brown and remove
- Slice chicken into 2 inch pieces
- Add peppers, onions and garlic into pot and saute for 3-5 minutes – until they are crisp-tender
- Add tomatoes (with juice from can), wine and chicken broth into the pot
- Bring to boil
- Stir in rice
- Add chicken in a single layer
- Cover, and reduce heat to medium-low for approx 20 min (until rice is tender) – do not stir while cooking
I loved all the colors in this dish too…
Now, I mentioned earlier that I got to use some fun kitchen tools from Good Cook, and I will have to say that I have officially found my new favorite can opener! I was using it to open my can of tomatoes and I thought there was no way it was working…it was too easy and I didn’t actually “see” it cutting. I went all the way around and TADA, not only it my can top come off, but there were NO SHARP EDGES! They were rounded. I was amazed!
This is the Safe-cut Can Opener by Good Cook.
I also enjoyed using the Pot Clip Holder, it was the perfect item to help me keep the kitchen less messy and my one-pot dish cooking perfectly.
Here are all the items that are in my Kitchen Drawer from Good Cook:
SMART Ice cream scoop -Looking for your favorite ice cream scoop? Look no further – this one even has teflon non-stick coating!
Flip Measuring spoon – Just ONE measuring spoon that always works as 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, and 1 tbsp! That means you don’t need a bunch of other measuring devices in your kitchen drawer 🙂
Safe-cut Can Opener – I know I already told you guys about this one, but I thought you would like to know that it also doubles as a bottle opener, cap twister, and tab puller.
Egg Separator – No more messes when you just need those egg whites – plus this one is professional-grade and dishwasher safe!
Pot Clip Holder – This one is also dishwasher safe.
What can YOU do with these 5 essential cookware items: an egg separator, a can opener, an ice cream scoop, a measuring spoon, and a pot clip? Just think of all the FUN possibilities 🙂
Be sure to follow Good Cook on Twitter to stay up to date with every thing that is Good Cook!